Hello my friends, how are you? I hope your Thursday is off to a great start!! Mine sure is, because I’ve got a new oatmeal recipe to share with you today. 🙂
I’m not excited at all….
When I make my breakfasts, I have to make sure I’m getting enough protein in them to power me through the morning; usually about 17-20 grams. It can be a little tricky to do that with baked oatmeal sometimes, but I’ve come up with a go-to oatmeal recipe that has an awesome balance of carbs, fat, and protein! Can I get a whoop whoop?!
This recipe was inspired by The Little Honey Bee’s stovetop version!
Protein-Packed Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Bake Time: 18-20 minutes
- Total Time: 28-30 minutes
1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 regular egg/egg white)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp. protein powder of choice (I used Nutiva Hemp Protein)
1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus more for topping
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 red apple of choice
1 heaping tsp natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease a small ramekin or single-serving baking dish with PAM and set aside. Dice your apple into small chunks and set aside.
- Whisk together milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up to the apple and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and top with the peanut butter.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, and if it still looks underdone, keep baking until the top is firm.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Here’s to a balanced breakfast packed with 18 grams of protein!! Cheers! 🙂
Have a great day!