Hello all, and happy Sunday! I hope you’re taking some time for yourself! 🙂
“I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
– Henry David Thoreau
Lesson for the day: Be unique, set yourself apart from the crowd. Create your own path towards the success that you desire, rather than following the misfortunes of others.
Well said, Thoreau. And speaking of pumpkin….
Since I’m still obsessing over pumpkin recipes, I was in the mood for something deliciously baked this morning. Pumpkin chocolate chip, pumpkin nut butter, pumpkin banana, pumpkin coconut, pumpkin pie…as I ran through all the pumpkin recipes I previously made in my head, I came to a fascinating conclusion…..I had never made pumpkin cheesecake baked oatmeal before!
AHA!!! The light bulb didn’t just go off, it was beaming!
This recipe is still a work in progress, but I think it’s a good start for future testing! I do recommend, however, that you bake this for the full 21 minutes. I only baked mine for 19 and it didn’t turn out as well as I thought…but the flavor was still there! 😉
Pumpkin Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal
(still a work in progress…)
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-21 minutes
- Total Time: 30-31 minutes
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white)
2 tbsp. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. plain cream cheese (reduced or full fat)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
*2 tsp. PB2 (optional, for healthy fats)*
*1 packet Stevia, a few Stevia drops, 1-2 tsp brown sugar, or 2 tsp honey/maple syrup* (I used honey)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and spray a small ramekin or single-serve baking dish with PAM. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the first 5 ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix well until everything is incorporated.
- ***I did add the PB2 for healthy fats, but now I’m not sure if I liked the way it made the oats taste. It masked the “cheesecake” flavor slightly, but I need the healthy fats! As for the sweetener, feel free to use whatever you have on hand. I wouldn’t add more than 2 tsp if using sugar or honey/maple syrup.***
- Transfer to the prepared dish and bake for 20-21 minutes. (I would bake for the full 21 if I were you).
- ENJOY! 🙂
(Find this and more delicious oatmeal on my Instagram!)
Also, don’t forget to check my Facebook page regularly for updates and new posts! Tell your friends, I’d appreciate it!
Life is like making tea….
Boil your ego,
Evaporate your worries,
Dilute your sorrows,
Filter your mistakes &
Get a taste of happiness!
Have a great Sunday!!
So basically, just as you enjoy your tea, enjoy your life because it’s all you have! 🙂
Be well everyone! XOXO