Good morning friends! Happy Thursday!! 🙂
Let’s just jump right in to today’s post shall we?
Is there any better combo than peanut butter, honey, and banana? Nope, didn’t think so. After obsessing over the stovetop version from The Oatmeal Artist, I realized that there wasn’t a baked version yet! Well, it’s time to change that!!!
Like my other oatmeal recipes, you’ll start with my base ingredients: mashed banana, an egg white, and Greek yogurt. Then you add in the other necessary stuff like oats and baking powder and cinnamon. Packed with protein and full of flavor, this oatmeal will keep you rocking all day long, just like the king himself! 😉
“Elvis” Baked Oatmeal
(adapted from The Oatmeal Artist)
- Serves: 1
- Prep/Preheat Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
1/2 a ripe banana, mashed
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white)
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1.5 tbsp. PB2 (or regular peanut butter)
Honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and spray a small baking dish or ramekin with PAM and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash your banana thoroughly and add in the egg white, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix everything until it is well combined.
- Now add in your oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix everything again until well combined. Transfer to your baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
- In the last couple minutes of baking, place the PB2 in a small cup and add in about 1/2 tbsp. of water. Stir everything until all traces of the powder is gone, and then top your oats with this mixture. Grab the honey and drizzle it on!!
- ENJOY! 🙂
For this picture and more oatmeal goodness, check out my Instagram page!
Have a thrilling Thursday everyone!! 🙂
XOXO BE WELL