Good morning everyone!! 🙂
I know I always say “happy Monday” but it really is a happy Monday because it’s THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES FOR THE SEMESTER!
Well, for me at least. 😉
It went by sooo fast. But it’s about time!
If there’s one thing I learned this semester, it’s to allow myself time to rest. Let me be the first to say that overworking yourself to stay busy is NOT the answer. You’ll just end up cranky and tired all the time and then your friends will become irritated and then everything seems like it’s spiraling out of control! When that happens, take a step back, breathe, and tell yourself that everything will be okay. And IT WILL. 🙂 I promise!
To celebrate this revelation, I decided to make some Raspberry Sprinkle Oatmeal. It’s a new recipe I threw together this morning and I thought it seemed very appropriate for my current mood today!
It’s actually nothing complicated, because it’s just a basic raspberry oatmeal recipe with some PB2 for healthy fat and sprinkles to make it look happy! You’ll obviously start with the basic ingredients: oats, Greek yogurt, and milk/water. I’m running low on almond milk so my recipe will only have about a 1/4 cup, but feel free to do 1/2 cup or even a full cup. Then you’ll need raspberries, PB2, vanilla extract, sprinkles, and an egg white. All in all, it packs a big nutritional punch with 16 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fat!
Okay enough talking, time to start cooking!
Raspberry Sprinkle Oatmeal
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
1/4 cup almond milk/milk of choice (or more, and balance out the water ratio)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white)
1 tbsp. PB2
1 tsp rainbow sprinkles, for the top
- In a small saucepan, bring almond milk and water to a boil and add in oats. Reduce heat to medium.
- If you’re using frozen raspberries, add them in now. (If using fresh, wait until you add in the PB2 to add the berries). Wait another minute and add in the yogurt and salt and stir.
- Once this mixture has thickened up quite a bit, add the vanilla extract and stir.
- After another minute, add in fresh raspberries if using them and pour in the egg white. Whisk the mixture until all traces of egg are gone (up to 2 minutes)! Add in the PB2 and stir until all traces of the powder are gone.
- Now transfer to a bowl and top with your teaspoon of sprinkles!
- ENJOY AND BE HAPPY! 🙂
Check out my Instagram for this picture and other oatmeal goodness!!
Have a marvelous Monday!! 🙂