HUMP DAYYYYYY!! Woot!! 🙂
Too bad I can’t keep calm because Friday is almost here! 🙂
Anyway, I have a question for all of you: have you ever heard of Hummingbird Cake? I had heard of the flavor combinations before, but I didn’t know why they called it “hummingbird”.
Contrary to the name, there are no birds in this particular recipe. (Sorry!) The Hummingbird cake is a pretty unusual one.
Hummingbird Cake Baked Oatmeal
(Adapted from The Oatmeal Artist)
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: about 10 minutes (for oven preheat time)
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
1/2 a ripe banana
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. of your favorite vanilla protein powder (I used Arbonne)
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped pineapple
Chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Spray a small ramekin or baking dish with PAM and set aside.
- Cut your 1/2 of a banana in half and set one piece aside and one in a bowl. Mash the half in the bowl. Now and wet ingredients and mix well. Then add the dry ingredients up to the salt and mix everything well again to combine.
- Fold in the chopped pineapple and transfer the mixture to the ramekin or dish. Slice the other half of your 1/2 banana into 4 coins and place them on top.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes. When done, add the chopped pecans on top and more cinnamon if you desire!
- ENJOY! 🙂
You can find this and more oatmeal pictures on my Instagram account!
Have a wondrous Wednesday 🙂