*Raises hand*. YES!
Good morningggg everyone!! Happy Wednesday! 🙂
(Or Hump Day, however you prefer.)
Either way, we’re getting closer to the weekend….
It’s chilly again this morning and yesterday was a longggg day, so I definitely needed some comfort in a bowl. That, my friends, is taking place in the form of stovetop oatmeal.
But not just any stovetop oatmeal….
We’re talking DOUBLE Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal!!! Yup that’s right, you heard me right. Double the peanutty flavor, double the fun.
BUT WAIT! You’re going to use a combo of PB2 and regular peanut butter. Don’t worry if you don’t have PB2, just make regular Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal! I never had both in one bowl before, so why not do a little experimentation today?
The showdown has begun. Let’s cook!
Double Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
1/2 cup milk of choice with 1/2 cup water (I used Silk unsweetened vanilla almond)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 of a ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white, but protein content will change)
*Sweetener to taste* (I used Stevia drops)
2 tsps peanut butter
1/2 tbsp. PB2 (with a tsp of water mixed with it)
- In a small saucepan, bring liquid to a boil, add oats and salt, mashed banana, and reduce heat to medium. Stir well until the foam from the milk has died down.
- After about a minute or two, add the Greek yogurt and mix well to combine.
- Wait until this mixture thickens up quite a bit and then add in the vanilla extract and cinnamon. Stir again. (In the meantime, prepare the PB2.
- When it looks like the oats are just about done, slowly pour in the egg whites and reduce heat to low. Whisk well until all traces of “white” are gone. This could take up to a minute, so be patient!
- Transfer the oats to a bowl and top with your peanut butter AND PB2. Document your amazing photo, and devour.
- ENJOY! 🙂
It’s peanut butter riverrrrrr. I want to swim in it!!!
Find it on Instagram, devour it with your spoon!