*Disclaimer: Today’s post is dedicated to my lovely friend Katie who has been begging me to post this oatmeal recipe for about 4 days now. This one’s for you!*
Ahhh, yes. Welcome back Monday, so lovely to see you!
(Said no one ever).
But good morning everyone!! 🙂
How is your day so far?
So like I said, today’s post is for my friend who saw my Thursday oatmeal on Instagram and begged me to post the recipe. No worries Katie and others, you won’t be disappointed with this one!
The juicy berries burst open with each bite of the oats and the thick, PB2 Greek yogurt “frosting” is just the cherry on top! Use any blend of berries you have on hand, fresh or frozen, and feel free to sub in regular peanut butter for the PB2. It’s your breakfast. 🙂
Any hey, why not add cherries on top? There’s no harm in that! 😉
Berry Baked Oatmeal with PB2 Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (includes oven preheat)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
2 tbsp. milk of choice (I used Silk unsweetened vanilla almond)
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white, but protein content will change)
1 heaping tsp of peanut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup mixed berry blend (I used frozen mixed berries)
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. PB2
*Optional Stevia drops or sweetener of choice*
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and spray a small ramekin or oven-safe dish with PAM. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all liquid ingredients together. Then add the oats, baking powder, and pinch of salt and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the berries until well-combined with the batter. Transfer this mixture to the prepared ramekin and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small cup, add the PB2, Greek yogurt, and optional sweetener and mix well until all traces of powder are gone. Refrigerate until oats are ready.
- After the oats have cooled for a couple minutes, happily spread the Greek yogurt frosting on top.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Find it on my Instagram, consume it with your fork.
Have a marvelous Monday my friends! 🙂