There is nothing peanut butter and a spoon can’t fix.
That’s how I feel about this oatmeal!! 🙂
It’s Hump Day wooooooo!
It’s also Tax Day, right? What better reason to get over the hump of Wednesday so we can be fully charged for the weekend!
Any fun plans?
And no, I actually don’t have a performance this weekend. Weird right? That doesn’t mean I don’t have rehearsals haha…
They’re thick, dreamy, and creamy. They’re peanut butter oats!
Strictly peanut butter oats! 😉
Protein powder is optional, but then feel free to add extra peanut butter! Why the heck not?! 🙂
Strictly Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
1/2 cup milk of choice + 1/2 cup water (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1/2 cup rolled oats
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp. protein powder
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 regular egg white, but protein content will change)
1/2 tbsp. peanut butter (or more!)
- In a small saucepan, bring liquid to a boil, add oats and pinch of salt and reduce heat to medium. Stir well.
- After a minute or so, add in the Greek yogurt and mix well until all clumps of yogurt are gone.
- When more of the liquid has absorbed, add in the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and protein powder. Mix well to combine.
- When the oats are very thick and look like they’re almost done, reduce heat to low and pour in the egg whites. Whisk well until all traces of “white” are gone. This could take up to a minute, so be patient and work those arms! 😉
- Transfer the oats to a bowl and top with your peanut butter. Swirl it around so it’s absolutely everywhere and ready for your spoon.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Find it on Instagram, consume it with your spoon.
Sending love and positivity to you all 🙂