WE MADE IT! 🙂
Happy Friday to all of you! Also….tomorrow is OCTOBER?! Yeesh.
I’ll say this, I’m NOT going to let this month get to me like it has in the past. Us college kids know that October is a LONG month. I don’t have a “Fall Break” either, as most people do in October. My fall break is actually the week of Thanksgiving, so I won’t be home until then!
Midterms, projects, papers…..bring it ON!!! I’m ready. 😉
On a lighter note, it’s time to round up my favorite eats, reads, and ‘grams from the week. There’s only ONE mention of pumpkin I swear. 😉
Kate, of The Domestikated Life, is currently on a blogging break but she’ll be back soon! Still doing the linkup in her absence! 🙂
I’ve got a mix of sweet and savory recipes for you today, but it’s always so HARD to choose just three.
*All images are credited to their respective author.*
Top 3 Recipes
1. Chocolate Brownie Birthday Cupcakes – Broma Bakery
Cupcakes are nice and all, but BROWNIE cupcakes?! Sarah is a genius. Happy birthday. 😉
2. Lemon Pepper Salmon with Coconut Brown Rice – Show Me The Yummy
Want a delicious dinner that’s ready in less than 20 minutes? YES. Want salmon? YES. Want rice? TRIPLE YES. Well Jennifer’s gotcha covered! I’m ALL about those easy and delicious meals, especially on a busy night!
3. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars – Well Plated
They’re thick, they’re chewy, they’re peanut buttery, and they have oats in them. 😉 You NEED these in your life!!
Top 3 Lows
1. Feeling a little under-the-weather. I’m feeling much better now, but I felt a little wonky over the weekend. I think it was because of the change in weather here, and my body is starting to adjust to colder mornings and the days getting shorter. Aren’t bodies amazing?!
2. Muscle soreness. Also weather-related. If anyone wants to come over and give me a really long back massage, I will pay you in baked goods! I really need to get a professional massage though….
3. Waking up at 2AM every night…to pee. It’s like clockwork, it’s crazy! I blame the tea I like to have before bed. But it’s okay because I love tea!
Top 3 Highs
1. Getting to see Cal this weekend! This is probably the biggest high of them all. I’m ready for a fun-filled and happy weekend with my dude. 🙂
2. My productivity. I was suuuper productive this week, especially with blogging, and I’m really proud of that. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with what I have to do first, but I’ve found that tackling tasks one-by-one helps. 🙂
3. THIS granola coming in the mail. I won a giveaway from Fit Mitten Kitchen last week and I finally received my prize! I opened the bag the second it arrived. It’s soooooo good.
Top 3 Instagrams
1. Okay, I’ve heard of Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, but Pumpkin Spice LIFE?! Heck yes!
2. I WANT THIS PUPPY.
3. Maddy is such a beautiful soul, and this image pretty much sums up everything that I believe in in one cute little picture.
Top 3 Reads
1. 10 Thoughts On Marriage – Polyglot Jot
Whether you’re married or not, this post is a great reminder about the importance of those small acts of love that make all the difference.
2. No One Cares How Much You Weigh – Drops of Jules
This post hit home for me SO HARD. Julia talks about her trip to Spain and the emphasis on their healthier body image and food approach. In the end, are people going to remember you for how much you weighed at a certain point in your life?! NO! They’re going to remember you for your wonderful personality and how you’ve impacted their life. A number means nothing.
3. 10 Things About Being Weight Restored That Absolutely Rock – HealthyEzSweet
I found myself nodding my head in agreement to every single one of these. Especially digestive relief. Thank GOD!! Cayanne is such a beautiful soul and this is such an important post.
Now tell me…
- Coffee -OR- tea? (You can say both too!)
- What are you looking forward to this weekend?