Good morning everyone!
Happy Hump Dayyyyy! 🙂
I hope everyone’s week is going swimmingly so far. I just want to say thank you to everyone who liked and commented on my post yesterday, especially on Facebook. It’s such an important issue that everyone, regardless of their eating habits, should be aware of. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce lattes happen to be a favorite of mine. Since I can’t afford to buy myself their lattes, (or any lattes, for that matter) I thought I’d bring some cheap latte joy into my life in the form of their Cinnamon Dolce flavor. Honestly, who wants to pay $4 for a tall?!
Dolce is Italian for the word “sweet”, so I tried to do just that with these oats!
(Image Credit: Starbucks)
While I’m not a fan of actual sugar in my morning oats, I tried to replicate its sweetness with some overripe banana and vanilla protein powder. Feel free to sub in pure maple syrup for the banana, (I would use about 2 tsps) or use it, but then leave out the protein powder. Remember, it’s your breakfast! I adapt it to meet my needs, so you do the same. 🙂 The “whipped topping” is replaced by Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia and sprinkled with cinnamon. I wish I could make it look all swirly like in the photo, but try your best! While waiting for the liquid to boil, prepare the Greek yogurt mixture and stick it in the fridge so it thickens up quite a bit. This will help it to “stiffen”.
Load on the cinnamon, because this one will remind you of cozy mornings and the sweet taste of childhood.
Starbucks Inspired “Cinnamon Dolce” Oatmeal
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup milk of choice plus 1/2 cup water (I used Silk unsweetened vanilla almond)
1/2 cup rolled oats
Pinch of salt
1/3 of a ripe banana, mashed well
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coffee grounds (or instant coffee granules)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
3 tbsp. Liquid Egg Whites (or 1 egg white, but protein content will change)
For “whipped topping”:
2 tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
Optional Stevia drops (or sweetener of choice)
A good dusting of cinnamon
- Bring liquid to a boil and add oats, pinch of salt, and banana and reduce heat to medium. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a small cup, prepare your Greek yogurt without the cinnamon and place in the fridge to thicken.
- Wait until the oatmeal mixture thickens up a bit and then add the vanilla extract, coffee, cinnamon, and protein powder.
- When the oats look just about done, reduce heat to low and slowly pour in egg whites. Whisk to combine until all traces of “white” are gone.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the Greek yogurt mixture and lots more cinnamon.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Find it on Instagram!
Hurry. your spoon is waiting.