It’s Friday once again, OMG! 😀
Week 2 of my intensive is over, it’s insane! Stay tuned for a Week 2 recap on Monday. 🙂
As always, it’s time to celebrate the weekend with my favorite things from the week. This week was so hard to narrow down because I’ve been loving everything in Boston, but I did my best. 😉
As always, I’m linking up with Kate, of The Domestikated Life, to bring you my “tops” of the week.
Hope you all enjoy some fabulous eats, pics, and reads! xo
*All images are credited to their respective author.*
Top 3 Recipes
1. Turkey Meatballs – Show Me The Yummy
I’ve had turkey burgers, turkey meatloaf, and turkey sausage, but NEVER turkey meatballs! GAME-CHANGER. I rejoiced when I saw this easy and healthy recipe because I don’t eat traditional meatballs. (I know, what kind of Italian am I?!) Say hello to your pasta’s new favorite topper.
2. Double Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Bars – RachLMansfield
Take your banana bread cravings to a whole new level with these bars! Only 6 ingredients needed, loaded with chocolate chunks, AND they’re healthy? UM YES.
3. Coconut Salmon Tacos with Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa & Sriracha Mayo – Broma Bakery
It’s like a regular fish taco but 1,000x better. The addition of pineapple salsa and sriracha mayo….OMG. Sarah clearly knows her way around both the sweet AND the savory department.
Top 3 Lows
None that I can think of that stuck out, so I’m gonna leave it at that! 🙂 Why dwell on the nonexistent negative?
Top 3 Highs
1. Being in Boston. This was obviously the biggest high of my month so far! Boston is such a beautiful and historic city and I’m loving every single minute. I’ll definitely be sad when I have to leave.
2. Jamming to Michael Jackson on the way to class. There’s nothing better than starting your morning with a little “Smooth Criminal” or “Remember The Time.” My roommate and I were singing and strutting down the street yesterday and some guy definitely knew what we were singing and smiled haha! Do you guys have any songs that get you pumped for the day?? Michael Jackson ALWAYS does it for me!
3. Having access to oatmeal again for breakfast. THANK YOU TRADER JOE’S!! No more non-existent oats in the morning. Even if I have to make it in the microwave…
Top 3 Instagrams
1. Because yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Need I say more?! Sally is queen.
2. This puppy summed up my entire week after a long day of dancing. Haha puppies always make everything better!
3. Just a little mantra for the month of August! Don’t think about the roadblocks ahead. Use this month to clear the path for a fresh new start! 🙂
Top 3 Reads
1. What I Learned from Eating a Box of Doughnuts in 48 Hours – Healthy Ez Sweet
SUCH a great read from Cayanne. “I am reminding you that it’s okay to admit that you don’t have it together 100% of the time. It’s okay if you need to take a break from meal prepping and just settle for cereal dinner for a few days. It’s okay to be mopey and bed ridden for a few days.” We’re all human, guys. Don’t be ashamed.
2. 7 Podcasts I’m Listening To Right Now – The Healthy Maven
Calling all podcaster newbies, this one’s for you! Davida highlights some of the top wellness and business podcasts to spice up your morning commute. I personally love podcasts because they’re so much more fulfilling than listening to a boring radio show or a dumb song on the radio. Blissful Bites and Let It Out are my two faves! 🙂
3. The 3 Lessons that 23 Taught Me – In It 4 The Long Run
Another post full of wisdom from one of my favorite bloggers. Georgie is truly a light of inspiration in my life and I think these 3 lessons apply to anyone, even if you’re not in your 20s anymore.
Now tell me…
- What was a high from your week?
- Any fun weekend plans?
Wishing you all a happy, safe, and WONDERFUL weekend!!! BE WELL! xo
Stay in touch!
Facebook: A Dancer’s Live-It
Youtube: Marina D
Pinterest: A Dancer’s Live-It